First of all, I ran across discounted postage stamps. How's that for something new and different at a thrift shop? I picked up two Celebrate the Century stamp sheets for $2.50 each. The postage is worth $4.80, so it was like getting it for half price. Yep, I'll take a good deal on postage! :)
I also found more Stampin Up inkpads for $0.50 each, as well as a brand-new VersaMark inkpad. For that price, I got them all since I don't have a lot of variety in stamping inks at the moment. Added to what my friend sent me, I have quite the collection now! :) I got the following colors (all dye inks): Rose Romance, Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, Night of Navy, Glorious Green, Yoyo Yellow, and Old Olive. [By the way, did you know you can heat emboss with dye ink if you first ink up your stamp with VersaMark?]
I finally found a dressy white blouse that isn't completely sheer, so now I can wear my favorite blue skirt that has been sitting in my closet for over a year now (waiting for something to wear with it). And I finally found a casual black skirt, too! I was pretty excited to get to cross two things off my small list of items I need for my personal wardrobe. My size and body shape are extremely hard to shop for! :)
Let's see ... What else did we get?
- an UNO Attack game, still in the box but missing 1 card, for $1.50
- a wall-mounted spice rack to hold all the miscellaneous spice bottles I've collected over the last few years (to organize small items in my craft room) - $1.00
- a copy of Clean and Simple Scrapbooking at Ollie's for $5.94 (I checked it out from the library and realized I love her style and needed the book.)
- two 8x8" albums at Ollie's for $2.54 each (for the Cousin Camp albums I'm making for my parents and grandmother)
- three colored dress shirts for my son for $4.00 altogether (His dressy wardrobe was only black and white at the moment, so these were sorely needed!)
- a $10 suit for my husband - a perfect fit, and a current style!
We got more, as you might have suspected, but those are the highlights. Now I must sign off and get some sleep! :)