As I was honing my knitting skills, I decided to knit a few sweaters for these cuties, too. I didn't get to try them on until Christmas morning, since I let my daughter take all the packaging off the dolls herself. They fit pretty well, and we were both happy.
Poppy Cardigan was made from variegated cotton yarn. Despite the way it looks bunched up in the picture, it really does fit well. I'm still perfecting how to pose these dolls.
V-Neck Doll Cardigan, and I also knit it from variegated cotton yarn. (Yes, there was a good sale on it, and I wanted to work with it.)
I'm planning to knit more for these dolls, and I think I've discovered the trick to making them look more realistic. Fellow Ravelers have suggested that the best patterns for American Girls (and Bitty Twins) are the ones that use fingering-weight yarn and smaller needles. I have a few projects lined up, and I'll share them when they're finished.