The hospital isn't actually in Lesotho like I originally thought, but it is in South Africa. Since it's not quite as cold there as the mountains of Lesotho, we were able to use acrylic yarn for the blankets. If we made them out of wool, they would be entirely too expensive to ship (because they would be so heavy).
I made this with Lion Brand Cupcake yarn that I picked up at a thrift store within the last year. I had four skeins, but I only used a little more than 3-1/2 skeins. It was a good bit less yarn than the pattern called for, so I was a little nervous that I wasn't going to have enough.
It all worked out, though, and I really love the blanket. I had a blast making, it, too, since it's done in entrelac.