Thursday, July 11, 2013

Camo Hat for Alex


I had plenty of fabric leftover from the 1/4 yard after I had made the pants, so I decided to make Alex a baseball hat. Ordinarily I wouldn't have bothered, but a baseball hat is such an essential boy accessory that he really needed one of his own. All I could find ready-made was done in pink. Nope, that wasn't going to work for this boy!

So I found an online video tutorial (here's the first one; there are several in the series). If you'd like to make one, she'll send you the pattern for free by e-mail if you ask. And I should warn you that you can spend days watching all the fantastic instructional videos she has uploaded. If you want to make it for your doll, she probably has a video for it. In fact, she probably has videos for things you never knew you could make for your doll - like this hat. :)


I'll have to admit that this one was tricky and fiddly. One of the videos wouldn't load for me, and it was the most crucial one. But I muddled my way through it, and wonder of wonders, the hat fits!


It even has a fabric-covered button at the top, like a real hat does.

As I mentioned, this project is fiddly. I don't think I'll be making another one anytime soon, but I'm very glad that I made this one.

2 comments:

Shoregirl said...

You did a SUPER good job on that hat! I would have thought you bought it -- Alex is looking quite "spiffy" these days!

amy mayen said...

So cute! I came over from someday crafts & I'm so glad I found your blog!

 
;