I haven't blogged about my daughter's (and my) American Girl dolls in a little while. On Saturday, I finally asked my husband to spray paint the wooden piece we've been using as Paige's (my daughter's My AG) trundle bed. I was planning to do it, but I've never spray painted before and kept putting it off.
It started out as this:
I got it from a thrift store for $4 awhile back. I had been planning to make it a couch, but then my daughter told me she wanted a trundle bed for her doll like the AG version. This has a compartment for the second mattress underneath, so it's perfect.
Ugly as it is, she actually used it for awhile like this. Hey, it worked ...
But now it looks so much better:
And here it is with the bedding on it (but without the trundle mattress yet):
The paint job wasn't perfect because it was so dark to start with, but I told my husband that was just fine. It looks quite shabby chic like this, and I really like it! So does my daughter.
Sweater Day Three
I finished 18 more rows on the sweater today, bringing me to my second time through Row 52. I've already split for the armholes:
Sweater Day Four
I finished the back today: